Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lessons are being learned

You know some of the time (if not most) you think what you do isn't noticed...unless it's wrong.  Just this week, I'm finding that my children really do listen.  They don't do what I ask them per se....but they are listening.
   The other day I heard Maximus tell his friend not to kill the spider. Why? Because spiders are your enemy and you're supposed to love your enemy. Right Mom?  Dammit. Totally busted. I tell my children to love those that persecute them and the ones that aren't very nice, but am I practicing what I preach?
   This morning, on the way to school, I asked Maximus if he had his snack for school. "Oh Maaaaaaaannnnnnnn". I believe that is the way you spell it. I'm sure ALL of you know exactly how this sounded. Well in my 'Mom voice', I proceeded to tell him how it is HIS responsibility to remember some of these things and to make sure that he eats all of his lunch so he isn't too hungry this afternoon. (He eats lunch at 10:45).  What do I hear?  I hear Cameron. I hear Cameron say "Here Bub".  He had cut his sandwich in half and gave Maximus the half (still in the bag). Such a small gesture. Such a Big Deal....especially to a mother who watches them argue and fight most of the time.
     Thank you for teaching me a lesson today, Son.  I learned that if I quit bitching for a minute, maybe I can hear more of the good things that are happening. I love you.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment