Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Omission and twisting....still lying.

You know, I'm not that young anymore. I've been around the block a few times. (go ahead....make your jokes) I'm not an idiot.  I see the way the world works. I know that we all want to be beautiful, important, smart, powerful, right, and justified.  If you say that you don't 'want' any or even all of things, you are lying to yourself and others.  I don't think that it is necessarily a bad thing. I do think that it can bite you in the ass like a guard dog in a junk yard. 
    I love it when my husband says "you're right".  I love it when Maximus says, "you look beautiful".  I love it when Emma says, "you wouldn't say it, if you didn't already know it to be true".  I love it when Cameron says, "what smells so good in here?"  We are all human.  It is human nature to want to feel good.  It is also human nature to do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel good.  Some people do this at others expense.  When your story twists a bit or say you 'forget to tell that part'.....isn't that lying?  Isn't that like holding cards up your sleeve during a poker game?  Yeah...you took all the chips, but they really aren't yours. 
     I'm human.  I want to feel good.  I want to be beautiful.  I want to be and feel important.  I am powerful (ask my kids).  I like to be right.  Justified....well....it's a little over rated.  What I know is that if I would keep God first, the rest of these things don't seem as important.   I have the 'do no harm' part down pretty good.  I need to work on the 'doing good' part.  I know how to say "I'm sorry, I was wrong".  I know how to say, "You were right".  I also know how to say "What your doing is deceitful and I want no part of it."  I'm grateful for the people that are in my life to teach me these lessons.  I'm also grateful that some of them are no longer a part of my life, but taught me some even more valuable lessons. 
   What I'm saying in this jumbled mess is : Be honest. Be completely honest. Do this with others and with yourself.  God already knows the truth and loves you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment