Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The complaint department is closed.....:)

  After a really (earmuffs) SHITTY week, I'm ready to call this one done.  I'm physically, emotionally, and spiritually exhausted.  Now that I've put that out there. Let me tell you how I really feel.
   Well, I feel selfish, whiny, crabby, ungrateful, and uneasy.  These feelings come from ME.  You see, I 'volunteered' last week at the preschool. (I didn't really volunteer, my friend asked me and I said OK).  So, I'm going to complain about helping out at a preschool while hanging out with one of my closest friends?  She then takes me out for a coffee drink at the amazing new THE STUDIO and I'm still complaining of being tired?
   How about complaining that my feet hurt?  Oh....poor Janie. Her feet hurt. Guess what, my feet don't hurt so bad when I eat foods that are better for me and I wear proper shoes. Soooo.....whose fault is that now?  Oh....and I see a lovely woman that I've known for quite a few years who is losing her hair because of chemotherapy.  She looks beautiful. I told her that her smile was amazing and I couldn't think of a time that I ever saw her smile like that.  Her answer: "well, I woke up this morning so that makes it a pretty good day".  How can you beat that?
    My children all had a pretty rough week of school. (I'm not going to go into details...but it was ugly).  I took the time to talk to coaches, teachers, and administrators.  You know what?  They want the best for my children.  As much as everyone likes to 'bash about the school system these days', I just can't seem to find the same conclusions.  Some of them have gone over and beyond what they've been called to do as educators and coaches.  They are mentors, role models, and excellent examples of how true gentlemen behave and act.
    As for the spiritual part....well....let's get serious. I haven't exactly been 'getting fed properly'.  Yeah, I've been reading my bible, discussing scripture, and talking with 'neighbors'....but is that enough?  Maybe for some people, that is plenty. For me, it's not.  I need to have my tail kicked once in a while.  I love to sit in a pew, sing praises, highlight passages (I love a good highlighter), and feel like God is telling me to get my crap together.  It's a tough love kind of feeling.  You know what I'm saying: You want to complain about it, but deep down it feel awesome because you know that you are loved and He knows that you can do it.....That's good stuff right there.
   So here it is almost 11pm on a Wednesday night and I'm blogging for the second time this week, because I just can't keep it in.  I'm alive and healthy. I have amazing friends and family. I live in a world that is broken, but I'm here to help fix it.  I have a God that thinks I'm beautiful, awesome, and amazing.  So what am I complaining about? Tonight...nothing. Absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment