Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hey....a blog NOT about the election!

Congratulations everyone.  If you are reading this, you made it through the election process and lived to tell about it.  Maybe your candidate won? Maybe your candidate didn't?  Either way, I don't care how you feel about it.  I'm moving on. I have bigger fish to fry today.
   You all realize that Christmas is coming. Christmas is celebrated in so many ways.  Some people celebrate family. Some people celebrate Santa.  Some celebrate the birth of Jesus. Some people don't celebrate it at all.  So when I go into a store and someone says "Happy Holidays". I will say "Thank You".  Don't get your panties in a bunch because someone didn't say "Merry Christmas".  Understand that some people DO celebrate Christmas but don't want to risk their job because of what has been instructed by upper management.  If I know that someone is Jewish (I don't know many, but I do know a few), I will say "Happy Hanukkah". "Happy Kwanzaa" isn't one that I've been able to use in real life yet, but I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity. 
    Diversity people. We are NOT all the same.  In the United States alone, there are approximately 310 religions.  I still can't figure out why 'we' feel so entitled to make everyone 'submit' to what we think is appropriate.  You really think Jesus would care if someone said "Happy Holidays"?  If you are THAT offended, maybe you need a reality check.
   I celebrate Christmas.  My idea of Christmas has changed a lot.  I went from being that crazy lady with a game plan on Black Friday. (no carts and no coats....they get in the way).  It made me miss the whole point of the season.  Don't get me wrong, I still love a good deal.  However I feel that planning out my 'game plan' using my Family Christian catalog that I received in the mail this week might be a little hypocritical.  Maybe I can buy a gross of the KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS  and  JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON inspirational yard signs to teach people a lesson.
  Merry Christmas everyone!  (Happy Holidays)

No comments:

Post a Comment