Friday, January 11, 2013

It's a New Year

     What is it about the new year that makes everyone feel so invincible?  New diets. New savings plans. I'm going to read 10 books a week. I'm going to watch less than 11 hours of shitty television a day. I'm going to work out 6 days a week for a minimum of 4  hours a day.  I always say I'm not going to cuss as a New Year Resolution (I didn't even bother with that one this year).
     This year I want to: Do better. Be better. Live better. Serve better. Love better.  This doesn't mean I want to be better than YOU. It means I want to be be better than what I used to be.  I understand that sometimes this separates us from each other. I get it. Being complacent is something that I'm VERY good at.  I like being 'comfortable'. I like not having to change my habits. You know what, my 'friends' usually like me better too.
    Since I have expressed my passion and desire to love people (ALL PEOPLE) and not try to change them (THAT'S WHAT GOD DOES), friends have left. I can't look at people like a 'conquest'. I'm too 'liberal'. I'm not 'christian enough'. (good....i follow Christ, not other Christians)  I don't 'church it up' enough. (You mean I'm not fake?)  I miss some of these friends. Some of them, I don't. (maybe they weren't as good friends as i once thought). 
     Love. Love my neighbor. Love all my neighbors. Love the ones that I don't like very much.  Let God be God. I desire for ALL people to feel the love of Christ. This doesn't necessarily mean they have to be a Christ follower.  I hope to be a light that shines and there is no mistake what it is.  I hope there is never a question in anyone's mind (friend, foe, stranger) that my heart belongs to Christ.  I hope this is seen through my actions, not for the drivel that comes out of my mouth. 
   To those of you, that have been hurt by the things that I have said, I apologize. I will try to do better.  To those of you who have needed me, and I didn't help, I apologize. I will try to serve better.  For those who have hurt me, I apologize for not forgiving like I should. I will live better. I will love better.  It's a good thing that Jesus loves me just like this, but I will still try to BE BETTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment