Thursday, July 10, 2014

......fairy Godmother?

   As most of you know, this was the 4th year for the Ragers attending the Wild Goose Festival.  There are so many people that are there that I truly feel like I am 'home' when I'm with them.  We laugh until we have a headache, pee our pants, or think our insides are going to explode.  We also cry with the same results.  This year was no exception.  I met new people who were a true joy to be around.  I also was able to spend time with people that I have met over the past few years to finally build a relationship.  All of my children were able to do this.  Maximus was no exception.
    As an eight year old free spirited little boy, the Wild Goose is the place for him.  To be more specific, The Desanka Cafe. These beautiful young people are led by a group of adults that almost seem like they could not be 'for real'.  They have incredible gifts that create a bond that can not be mistaken. I'm grateful for their friendship.  I'm even more grateful for the guidance and friendship they have shown my children, especially Maximus.  You see for an entire week, Max kind of gets to 'do his thing'.  This year was a little different since he's a little older and the 'Desankas' have work to do.  I tried to pull him away a little, but 'the force was too great'.  I would see my son in the back of pick up truck, loading, unloading, decorating, running errands....whatever.  What I could see even more clearly was a relationship that was building between him and a Godly young woman who sees my son for the gift that he is. 
    As our week ended, my heart was full.  It was also saddened as I we pulled our Beverly Hillbillies style truck away from Hot Springs Resort.  You know that sense of "I can't believe it's over"?  Yeah, it was overbearing.  I received a text message from a lovely lady who was almost 'unsure'.  She wasn't unsure of what was going on, she was unsure of how to approach me and Shane.  What she was about to say was just CRAZY.  Or was it?  After prayer, sleep, and discussions between Shane and I (and Max), the decision was so simple.  Ladies and Gentlemen, This is Jenna Bowman.  My son's Godmother.

1 comment:

  1. CELEBRATING WITH YOU ALL! WOW. . Watch out, World -- the Jenna/Maximus combo is NUCLEAR!

    ReplyDelete