Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Meadow Skipping

   OK...

Tomorrow (or today if you are reading this on June1st) I start my steroid infusion.  That's a fancy way of saying they are going to super duper inject me with steroids.  This will take an hour.  I will get to do this for 5 days so I'm super stoked about that.  I hope all the side effects decide to just pass me by. (you do know that gaining weight is one of them)  After this, I'm going to be on a maintenance drug that will hopefully make my MS relapses minimal.  It really does seem like the perfect timing.  Kids JUST got out of school.  Today was Max's day and apparently Cameron decided that yesterday was his day.  We'll talk about some other time. So here I am...brand new summer, brand new  look on life.

      I'm doing a lot of looking and studying on MS and different things I can do. I don't want to be 'that person' that is consumed with the bullshit that decided to invade my brain and my body.  But let's face it, it sucks.  If I can go through the day without NEEDING to take a nap.  If I can make it through the house without looking like a cat walking in the dark after someone cut his whiskers. If I can go for a week and finally stop feeling the need to announce that I've had a bowel movement....I will stop being that person. :)

      Multiple Sclerosis just sounds ugly.  I'm not a fan of the label and would prefer to call it something else.  I recently had a friend that sent me a 'gaggle' of photos of things that were MS. (Mini Skirt, Meadow Skipping, Etc) just to make me smile.  This was one of the most incredible things that anyone has done.  So simple and a shit ton of fun. I'm more than happy to be entertained with more ideas.

      I'm trying to stay upbeat but I have to tell you today sucked.  I pray that tomorrow is better.  I pray that I will be able to feel my shoulders and head again.  I pray that Shane will be able to stop saying "You already asked me that, Honey".  I pray that I can stop looking for things that I have already dealt with.  I pray that I can just accept the letters I have been given and make the most of them.   I pray that I can once again feel the presence of God.

   Life is good.  I just need to feel it, even just for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment